Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spark

It's been a crazy week. The whole irony of calling it crazy is kind of funny in itself. I don't know what details to tell and which to keep to myself, but let's just say a lot of things have happened and I've experienced, seen and heard more strange things this week than I thought was possible.

Last night I painted this portrait out of my imagination. It's of a girl I met during very unexpected circumstances and I knew I had to get my mental image of her out into art. It's a very dark image, not because the girl I had in mind left that impression on me, but I wanted to show the dark mood of the entire situation. The girl herself was actually more like a spark of light in the whole situation, hence the title. It's a very very personal and symbolic painting to me, and I might go more into detail at some point. Right now I just need to rest and let this past week sort of sink into my mind and settle there before I tell the world about my experiences.

3 comments: